A new version of the white paper “Guide to Optimizing Performance of the MySQL Cluster Database” has been released; download it here.
This paper steps you through:
- Identifying if your application is a good fit for MySQL Cluster
- Measuring performance and identifying problem performance areas to address
- Optimizing performance:
- Access patterns
- Using Adaptive Query Localization for complex Joins
- Distribution aware applications
- Batching operations
- Schema optimizations
- Query optimization
- Parameter tuning
- Connection pools
- Multi-Threaded Data Nodes
- Alternative APIs
- Hardware enhancements
- Scaling MySQL Cluster by Adding Nodes
As well as the kind of regular updates that are needed from time to time, this version includes the extra opportunities for optimizations that are available with MySQL Cluster 7.2 such as faster joins and engineering the threads within a multi-threaded data node.
As a reminder, I’ll be covering much of this material in an upcoming webinar.
2,506 total views, 2 views today