A new customer case-study is available for download from http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/case-studies/mysql_cs-cluster_docudesk_WebServices.php
The DocQ web service eliminates the limitations of sharing physical documents by offering a complete paperless business solution; providing a single place where customers can manage, archive, and send their important documents. DocQ supports secure business transactions and the services to store, edit, collaborate, and publish business documents.
- The database needed to deliver the high levels of write throughput, low latency responsiveness and continuous availability demanded by the service
- A sharded, multi-master MySQL solution with memcached was rejected due to the complexity of integration and management
- MySQL Cluster was selected as it met all of the requirements of the service with one, integrated solution out of the box
- MySQL Cluster is handling on average 1 million queries per day across both in-memory and disk-based tables, with the database growing at up to 2% daily
- MySQL Cluster handles document metadata and text, PHP session state, ACLs, job queues and tracking of document actions for billing