For those not familiar with Collaborate, it’s the big community conference for Oracle users – this year it’s in Orlando from April 10th through 14th (I’ve just re-checked the weather forecast, 31 Celsius vs. -18 at the last conference I presented at – OOW Beijing in December – what a difference 4 months and 8,000 miles make!).
I’ll be presenting on MySQL Cluster in a session called “Building Highly Available Scalable Real-Time Services with MySQL Cluster” where I’ll focus on:
- Basics of MySQL Cluster – what it does, who uses it and why
- Accessing your data – SQL and NoSQL access methods
- Latest features
- What’s coming in the future.
My session starts at 8:00 am on Tuesday 12th April (sorry for the early start) and is in room 306A.
For people interested in MySQL Cluster, another session you should try to attend is “MySQL Cluster for the Enterprise” presented by Craig Russell at 2:15 pm on Wednesday 13th April.
Other MySQL HA topics from the Oracle team:
- Boosting MySQL replication performance through the multi-threaded slave.
- MYSQL 5.5 REPLICATION
- INTRODUCTION TO MYSQL REPLICATION (Tutorial)
- SHARDING TECHNIQUES FOR MYSQL
To get an overall picture of what is happening to MySQL in Oracle, you should attend Tomas Ulin’s (VP of MySQL Engineering) “The State of MySQL” session at 9:15 am on Monday 11th April.
You can see a full list of sessions in the MySQL track here.
And last but not least, come and visit us at the MySQL booths in the Oracle Demo Grounds (Booth #657) to chat with us and/or get a demo. Here are the opening times:
- Monday 6:00pm – 8:00pm (Welcome Reception)
- Tuesday 10:15am – 4:00pm & 5:30pm-7:00pm (Reception)
- Wednesday 10:15am – 4:00pm
I’ll be at the demo booth as much as possible but definitely for the 6:00pm – 8:00pm slot on Monday and from 10:15am – 1pm on Wednesday – hope to see some of you there.
Register for the event at http://collaborate11.ioug.org/Home/Registration/tabid/82/Default.aspx
4 total views, 2 views today